Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world!
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Artist with a strong passion for worldbuilding and science fiction to join our team! In this role, you will be building defining environments that match the feel of our world. This role requires strong attention to detail, an eye for beautiful lighting and composition as well as skills in crafting real-time assets. You are collaborative and creative in your efforts to push tools, styles, and the execution of immersive, well-crafted environments.
What You'll Do
- Build beautiful environments in-game engine, matching the quality bar for our project.
- Work closely with more senior environment artists and creative leads to uphold the artistic vision of our game.
- Collaborate with team members of both internal and outsourced environment artists.
- Grow as an industry-leading artist and push your skills to their limit as we build an entirely new universe from the ground up.
What You'll Bring
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- 3+ yrs experience in AAA digital game development as an Environment Artist specializing in top-quality terrain, architecture, shaders, and lighting.
- Creative initiative and vision to take an environment to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image.
- Understanding of next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Outstanding eye for lighting, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers, programmers and other art team members in a creative spirit.
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction.
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.