(Closed) Senior Software Engineer
Aquiris is looking for a talented software engineer with proven experience developing high-performance software to bring our projects to new platforms (PS4, PS5, Xbox, Nintendo Switch). Your primary activities will be to design, implement, and test integration systems, Keep track of platform requirements and Help the game team develop several solutions. You will be responsible too solving problems and optimizing the performance of the software you develop, working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Work closely with the game team to bring the projects to new platforms (PS4, PS5, Xbox, Nintendo Switch).
- Design, implement, and test integration systems, including the implementation of automated tests and tooling to support asset pipelines.
- Keep track of platform requirements, and implement systems to support it.
- Go through the process of approving the project for each platform we support.
- Create and maintain build pipelines for creating game binaries automatically.
- Help the game team develop solutions to ensure a low memory footprint, over-the-air update capabilities, and low CPU usage for the games you work on.
- Follow the release of new versions of the game to production, from planning to post-release monitoring.
- Participate in code review sessions and review the designs of your peers.
- Participate in sprint plannings, estimate engineering-related tasks, and help identify risks and assumptions in features you and your team develop.
- Continuously help to improve game programming processes, pipelines, and tooling.
- Document all implementations, and whenever possible, introduce an automated generation of documentation.
- Maintain and fix bugs on the systems you develop, including the production environment.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of game engine architecture.
- Experience working with at least one enterprise-level object-oriented programming language, and understanding of one or more dynamic languages.
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of the software you develop.
- Experience developing systems in the games industry.
- Experience working with version control (Git).
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities, analytical and critical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- At least one game released for consoles.
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D vector math.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Experience working on an environment with microservices and Web APIs
- Experience with multiplayer game programming
- Experience working with large-scale projects.