Infrastructure Intern (MZ)
AppLovin is a global leader in mobile entertainment. Its studios create popular, immersive mobile games and its technology brings games to more players around the world. Since 2012, the company’s platform has been instrumental in driving the explosive growth of mobile games, resulting in a richer ecosystem and more games played by millions of people every day. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is one of Inc.‘s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Infrastructure Engineers follow a discipline that combines both software and systems engineering to build reliable, scalable, and performant systems. As a member of the Operations Team, you would be involved in every dimension of AppLovin’s production: from analyzing traffic anomalies and capacity planning, to automating elastic infrastructure.
This is an excellent opportunity to receive one-on-one mentorship while being an integral part of an innovative and passionate team. Since we are small and agile, your contributions will play a big role in the direction of our growing company! This will be a 2-3 month long internship and start in May/June 2021.
- You are pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Knowledge of Python, Go, Ruby, Bash or a willingness to learn
- Familiarity working with Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of configuration management systems (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in DB technologies like MySql, Redis, Elasticache, RDS
- Experience with major cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.) and on prem bare metal data centers
- Gym memberships
- Fun company events, including Lunch and Learns with company executives
- Cool swag
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.