Senior AI Programmer
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Senior AI Programmer.
More specifically, under the supervision of the Technical Director and current Lead AI Programmer, you will:
Collaborate with design and engineering teams to understand AI needs
- Develop and implement features (conception & architecture) to create an efficient AI, smart and fun to play
- Have a global view of all AI development and help the Lead AI Programmer to defines the technical direction of the AI Team.
- Develop the AI framework to improve the AI of Amplitude Games.
- Mentor Junior AI Programmer / AI Designer
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Statistics or equivalent expertise
- 10+ years of experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position (with specialization in strategy-based games if possible)
- AI specialization with an excellent theoretical knowledge
- Good understanding of multi-threading, optimization and performances problematics
Required skills and profile:
- Excellent C# ability, Unity understanding
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Fully fluent in English
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.