Head of IT
Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Head of IT to reinforce our IT department and strategy. More specifically, in collaboration with the COO, IT team and Production Director, your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop the studio’s IT strategy together with the COO and the Production Director
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set
- Oversee IT operations and systems
- Provide direction, guidance and training to the IT team
- Ensure that systems and IT solutions always match the performance/security needs of the studio and propose upgrades/new solutions as needed
- Develop, manage and track the studio’s IT budget
- Ensure an optimal procurement of technological equipment and software
- Collaborate with SEGA on multiple subjects (network performance, security, redundancy/crisis management and recovery, centralized service delivery, etc.)
- Set up Disaster Recovery Plan, Backup policy and backup testing, IT processes improvements, etc.
Initially, the position will also comprise system administration responsibilities, which include :
- Provide a high quality 3rd support line service
- Maintain and administer the current compute/storage/network infrastructure, in accordance with the studio’s production schedule
- Provide and maintain updated documentation for all systems supported
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 8 / 10 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Fluent in both French and English
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proactivity and autonomy abilities.
- Proven ability to multitask and work through changing requirements and priorities.
- Impeccable communication skills, to be able to work with different profiles both internally and externally
- Strong understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Ticketing and asset management tools
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.