Principal Solutions Architect - Games
Do you love games? Do you want to work with the some of the most innovative Game companies in the world? Do you have a passion for helping customers solve web-scale challenges and understand application architectures? Do you want to help build a new, customer-obsessed team and help establish AWS Game Tech as the leading platform in the Games Industry?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Game Tech Solutions Architecture team is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices, and solving complex business challenges focusing on the Games industry.
As an AWS Game Tech Solutions Architect, you will work with some of the most interesting hyper-growth games companies on the planet. You’ll work with startups, indie studios, legendary blockbuster publishers, technology platforms, and middleware partners in the Games industry to help them build better games with the AWS cloud.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and should have a deep understanding of Game technologies including engines, platforms, and middleware providers alongside applicable technical use cases, architectures, and development workflow. She/he should also have the ability to connect technology with measurable business value. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Role & Responsibilities
- Together with the broader Games teams, help develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partners.
- Establish technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners across the Gaming industries.
- Work with Engine, Platform, and Middleware Technology customers and partners to deploy – pilot and scale – Games industry focused programs in the field working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
- Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS Game Tech solutions-led thought leadership in the industry domains
- Location is flexible
- 7+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
- Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
- Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 35% of the time
- A passion for Gaming! – Great understanding of how the Gaming industry operates and the unique characteristics and culture of the industry.
- Experience in game production, game live operations, solutions development, product management.
- Passion for cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Highly technical and analytical. Demonstrated ability to understand the complexities of Game development processes across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and Console
- Technical knowledge of Games industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
- 5+ years experience in game production, game live operations, solutions development, product management
- 5+ years experience working with game development platforms (Unity, Unreal, etc), core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, platform variation (mobile, PC, Console), software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
- Deep knowledge of the AWS Services and their relevance to the Games industry