(Closed) Manager, Business Development
Amazon is all in on games! Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive initiatives that highlights our dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime is geared towards making Prime a no-brainer for gamers through benefits available to all Amazon Prime members. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
In this role, you will lead a team and cultivate key developer and publisher relationships in the growing digital video games segment and lead strategy and execution for these complex business initiatives. Working closely with marketing, product, and technology across Amazon and Twitch, this individual will be responsible for content acquisition for these programs. The ideal candidate has solid business judgment, track record of successful negotiations in a complex environment, and strong overall relationship management. The ideal candidate will also possess strong business development skills and be a proven people leader. The leader in this role will be responsible for content acquisition and partnerships that support broader program goals. Working as part of the leadership team, this person will own the strategy and execution for content acquisition that drives customer acquisition. This person must excel at understanding the broader context of the gaming community, how these projects create value for this community, and then effectively prioritize the opportunities for the greatest impact. Starting with data-driven customer insight, they will identify and pursue target partners.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic partnerships in a complex growth category.
- Define and deliver the strategy around content acquisition and new business models, with a global view.
- Establish and execute against aggressive selection, operational, and business goals.
- Execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product management, legal, marketing, and video game vendor management teams around the world).
- Identify opportunities for innovation and automation.
- Dive deep into data and identify important and actionable business intelligence.
- Engage with and support international teams.
- Ongoing performance management of Business Development Managers.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Business Development
- BA/BS required
- 5-7 years in content acquisition, business development, consulting, product management, and/or account management
- 3+ years of people management and leadership experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated success in executing deals and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives
- Proficient with Excel and other MS Office tools Preferred Qualifications
- MBA preferred
- Experienced in launching new products
- Experience in the video game industry strongly preferred