(Closed) Systems Development Engineer - Amazon Games
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our upcoming The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Games.
You are a Services Engineer with broad experience and world-class software engineering skills. You will partner with 3P developers, Business Development and AWS Security to help bring amazing properties through launch and beyond for Amazon Game Studios. The ideal candidate will have great communication and prioritization skills with a clear focus on providing the best possible customer experience. The ability to be self-directed, while still providing excellent service to partners, is critical.
As a Services Engineer, You Will Be Expected To
- Be the technical representative within AGS for third party titles.
- Own security reviews for second / third party titles.
- Configuration and ownership of service monitoring and alarms.
- Code and architecture reviews of second / third party titles.
- Onboarding third party titles with internal services.
- Provide general technical support for third party titles: e.g. load testing, bug fixing, and operational excellence.
- Support integration within AGS for second / third party titles.
- Configuration and ownership of AWS service accounts, monitoring, and alarms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Shipped 1 major video game as a services / generalist engineer
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in C#, C++, or Java.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies
- 4+ years of game development experience.
- Key contributor to a production service built on AWS
- 3D game engine development experience.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
- 2+ years Appsec experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit our desability page.