Software Development Engineer, Amazon Games Studios
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of development experience
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
You are an engineer with world-class software engineering skills. You utilize AWS technology to design, implement, and own the channels and services that drive unannounced titles from Amazon Game Studios. You are a champion for players and developers; create functional and engaging features that delight customers, adhere to the highest standards, and achieve operational excellence. You work with game teams to build a set of tools and services that simplify selling, distributing, and authenticating a live multiplayer game on PC with industry leading operational excellence.
Successful candidates have a track record of shipping quality software, excelling at communication, maintaining customer focus, and iterating alongside game teams to deliver the best product.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
- Demonstrated ability to choose the right language or tools for the project
- A passion for gaming
- Master's degree or relevant work experience
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age