(Closed) Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Game Tech
Amazon is all in on games. We believe, the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join AWS Game Tech.
We are an Amazon Web Services team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and scalable design. If you are constantly challenging yourself and others to come up with great solutions, have a passion for learning new skills, and have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly, and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we are looking for you!
What You'll Do
- Lead development using AWS technologies to design and build available, scalable, and secure back-end services and customer-facing APIs.
- Provide input into product vision, technical design, implementation, and operational decisions.
- Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for game development tools and services that operate in the cloud and enable connected games.
- Contribute to code reviews and development process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline required
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one modern programming language, such as Java, C#, or C++
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Successful delivery of complex software systems, ideally for game developers
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with taking projects from scoping requirements through launch
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring other software engineers
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Proven track record of building enterprise-level applications
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong bias for action, proactively driving problems to long-term, scalable solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation