Amazon Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Outsource Artist to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. The Outsource Artist will work with the production team to create, manage, and track art outsource schedules and will provide feedback and direction, both artistic and technical, to our outsource partners. They will act as the communication representative between our internal artists and our outsource partners by reviewing deliverables to ensure they meet the expected quality bar and perform well within the game engine.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
- Oversee asset creation with external team by organizing briefs, providing artistic and technical feedback and ingesting content for internal teams.
- Detailed and organized management of a high volume of assets across multiple disciplines (characters, concept, world, 2D assets, and more)
- Work with the Senior Artists and Leads to understand the development of the visual style and quality bar for all outsource work.
- Provide ongoing regular and timely feedback to external vendors working on art content.
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively in the absence of concrete answers or specific direction.
- Good communication and works well in a team environment receptive to feedback and giving constructive feedback.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 4+ years professional experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
- Online Portfolio demonstrating strong game art creation and experience with game art pipeline, process and asset break downs, examples of art briefs and art feedback
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, sculpting (Zbrush), UVs, Retopology, Texturing (Substance Painter/Photoshop), game engine experience
- Great communication skills, organized and strong collaborative spirit
- Works effectively across several game development disciplines
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and art styles
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principle requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.