Game Business Intelligence Engineer II
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Data Science, Data Engineering, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), or comparable experience.
- Experience building SQL, ETLs and cloud solutions in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Experience using business intelligence visualization tools like Tableau and Quicksight.
- Proficient in Python and SQL.
Amazon Games is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer II to work with our Automation, Tooling and Insights (ATI) team. The ATI team empowers games teams and their studios with platform services, automated tools, and game analytics. You will collaborate with a team of game developers, quality engineers, and business intelligence engineers to improve customer experiences using data for Amazon’s portfolio of online games and services.
At Amazon, we see gaming as one of the largest entertainment forms on Earth. Major advancements in computing and communications have fueled tremendous growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, content creators and game developers of all sizes. We are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support unique online games brought to life by our game studios. Join us and you will have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology including AWS, Open 3D Engine, and Twitch to shape the future of gaming. Come work alongside talented industry veterans who love to create special gaming experiences for customers.
The ATI team seeks to build business intelligence (BI) solutions to surface harder to detect quality issues and optimize the focus and efficiency of quality assurance teams. As a gaming insights platform, we will strengthen troubleshooting toolkits to assess content coverage, feature usage, localization, security, and content exploit issues. This understanding will improve the reported impact of balance, progression, economy and other aspects of game play. This is the opportunity to define the way we leverage player analytics to reinvent modern game quality assurance.
- Interface with internal game studio and publishing quality assurance teams to gather requirements and deliver accurate, easy to use and scalable Business Intelligence solutions.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to discover and act upon game quality issues.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Build ETL, data pipeline jobs, appropriate aggregations, and automated delivery.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for quality assurance and customer support team.
- See what others are not able to see – identify existing issues with processes, discover hidden opportunities.
- Partner with games operation teams on cross-team BI and product prioritization initiatives.
Here at Amazon Games, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Passion for Gaming.
- Hand on experience with AWS services including Redshift, S3, Athena, Glue and Firehose.
- Experience working directly with game development teams on understanding data needs and delivering BI reports, dashboards, and predictive analytics.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.