Senior Product Analyst
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 7 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We need a Senior Product Analyst with a passion for video games and education to partner with the Adventure Academy team. This person will bring to light key data insights that drive decisions for our breakthrough educational MMO delighting kids and parents alike.
We are seeking a rare breed of analytics powerhouse and business-savvy — a proactive, intellectually curious and entrepreneurial Product Analyst to lead, own and deliver in-depth analyses of large-scale data problems to influence numerous aspects of business performance. This valuable Product Analyst will have a strong impact in influencing product management and senior executives through actionable business/roadmap recommendations. Contribution will come in the form of defining data capture requirements, verifying data integrity, data manipulation, business monitoring, data visualization and in-depth analyses.
- Partner closely with product stakeholders to solve key product challenges
- Own product analyses to understand how user behavior impacts KPIs, such as retention and long-term value
- Create, report and interpret key metrics to assess performance, measure the impact of strategic initiatives and identify ways to grow revenue and reduce costs
- Develop statistical analyses to understand customer behavior and product performance
- Create beautiful and informative automated/real-time dashboards and visualizations
- Drive A/B and multivariate testing strategy and implementation across desktop and mobile platforms to inform product strategy, engagement, retention, lifetime value, product and content recommendations and personalized experiences
- Identify actionable insights that positively affect both company revenue and learning outcomes for children
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Drive data capture and data integrity requirements; Partner with product and engineering teams so that the right data is captured
- Maintain vigilant eye on data quality
- Maintain knowledge of competitive and related products
- 2+ years in an analytical/product focused role, in a digital environment working on games or educational apps
- 4+ years of total analytics/product experience
- Must be able to understand and analyze data, synthesizing large volumes of data and complex questions into clear analyses and actionable findings
- Intellectual curiosity in user behavior, UI/UX, mobile marketplaces, marketing
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Fluent in complex SQL queries on big data sets
- Fluent in Tableau and Excel (Additional data visualization capabilities a plus)
- Able to manipulate and explore data, perform analysis and create visualizations using R or Python
- Comfortable defining analytics architecture that meets product management requirements
- Collaborative problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial attitude and results-oriented mind set
- Must have a strong work ethic with a naturally disposition to go the extra mile
- Ability to identify edge cases and solve practical problems
- Experience with testing and optimization a plus, ideally in a digital environment
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (such as analytics, statistics, applied math, data science, economics or computer science) from 4-year college or university; OR a Bachelor’s degree in a non-quantitative field AND either a Master’s degree in a quantitative field OR 2-4 additional years related experience and/or training
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
- Highly competitive PTO policy
- Casual Dress Code
- Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
- Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
- Frequent team and company outings
- Limitless opportunities for professional growth!