Threat Intelligence Analyst
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at our website or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for working with the game security team on building intelligence to track our adversaries.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Find, monitor, and investigate emerging threats targeting our games and our players.
- Leverage a variety of internal and external tools to identify threats, assess risks, and produce reports.
- Maintain intelligence records related to cheating, malicious actors, and threats to the company.
- Analyze high volumes of information from various areas the internet and chat platforms.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the game security team and game development teams.
- Assist in responding to emergency security incidents.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in threat intelligence, open-source intelligence, online research, fraud or anti-cheat investigations, or similar
- Experience producing well-researched concise reports and presentations tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of advanced OSINT (open-source intelligence) tools and techniques and adapting research methods for new threats.
- Familiarity manipulating threat intelligence platforms for a video game threat landscape and / or creating and maintaining alerting systems.
- Familiarity with online gaming and the different types of game cheats
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Basic understanding of game security, game development, and anti-cheat software
- Able to adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Passionate about player experience and have an intense thirst for knowledge.
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin).
- Fluency in multiple languages.
- Experience developing research accounts and setting up virtual machines with considerations to operational security.
- Hands-on working knowledge of programming or scripting languages
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.