(Closed) Technical Program Manager
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
- As a Technical Program Manager you will be responsible for executing critical project and process management across several mission-critical engineering efforts. You will be engaging with multiple teams of engineers and stakeholders, to help define, prioritize, and manage the build-out of high-impact security capabilities within both the engineering and game security operations teams.
- The TPM will oversee projects from inception through delivery, engaging with stakeholders, tracking progress of key deliverables, ensuring project sprints are set for success; assisting in defining specifications performing sprint planning and reviews; tracking and reporting progress; and providing visibility to CT management.
- A concise understanding of the full software product development lifecycle, supported by a solid track record of managing the delivery of complex technology solutions, is essential to be successful in this role.
- Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for full product development lifecycle, from gathering requirements, to prioritizing features, assisting engineers writing specifications, reviewing execution plans and ensuring alignment against strategic technology development goals.
- Align technical requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Develop project schedules and implementation plans.
- Manage backlog and drive recurring project updates (E.g. Team meetings / stand-ups, Post-mortems, Sprint Kick-offs)
- Balance resources across multiple projects already in flight.
- Ensure progress is accurately tracked throughout the duration of the project, identifying roadblocks and escalating critical issues; Track velocity and highlight risks.
- Provide regular timely and accurate reporting to department.
- Create wireframes, process flow diagrams, UI mock-ups, and other documentation.
- Develop KPIs to track project timeliness and quality.
- 5+ years of technical program management or similar experience.
- Deep experience with each stage of software development lifecycle, from inception, design and implementation, through to QA and deployment.
- Experience in practicing agile development practices, and strong working knowledge of a variety of project management techniques.
- Experience with project management tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Trello, Confluence, MS Sharepoint, MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.
- Able to proactively navigate roadblocks with effective solutions, keeping projects moving efficiently. Can breakdown complex projects into manageable phased deliverables.
- Must be able to communicate concisely and effectively.
- Experience in game development or game publishing environments.
- Familiarity with working as part of and alongside software engineering teams.
- Formal project management qualifications or accreditation.
- Familiarity with data protection laws and regulatory requirements a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.