Associate Digital Content Manager, Activision Blizzard Esports
Activision Blizzard Esports is seeking an associate digital content manager to oversee the execution and daily management of the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League’s social media pages. This person will work across departments, coordinating with key stakeholders to create and activate high-lift social campaigns. She/he will report into Activision Blizzard’s Platform Manager and will also work closely with the Activision Blizzard’s ’s content team and YouTube coordinator to facilitate daily content programming, craft and execute platform and content strategies, and manage support of key marketing and PR beats. She/he will also oversee the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League’s community management efforts, including leading communication with support staff, agencies, and vendor partners.
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of all social platforms, though most importantly YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram. Experience in Facebook, Snapchat, and TikTok are a plus. She/he will also be fluent in gaming and esports, be a fan of the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League, and have a history of building passionate, fan-based communities through strategic campaigns and daily content programming.
- Oversee the execution and daily management of OWL and CDL’s social media pages on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Stories, YouTube Community Tab, Facebook, and more.
- Liaise regularly with OWL and CDL’s dedicated content production team to ensure programming calendars and asset optimization is remaining on track.
- Inform content team of platform destinations for upcoming content and necessary versioning.
- Review and provide prompt production notes back to the content team specific to achieve optimized assets for native posting across applicable social platforms.
- Supervise the day-to-day of OWL and CDL’s agency and vendor partners supporting community management, community engagement, and content creation.
- Assist with the development of platform-specific strategy across OWL and CDL social platforms to reach core KPIs.
- Take ownership of implementation and execution of said strategies.
- Assist with the development of social media campaigns supporting OWL and CDL’s key marketing beats
- Collaborate with the PR team to support comms beats and updates.
- Facilitate approvals for large-scale social campaigns with key stakeholders interdepartmentally.
- Maintain a detailed and organized social programming calendar encompassing posts from all inputs (Marketing, PR, Editorial, Broadcast, CPG, Partnerships, etc.) and your own post schedule per platform.
- Manage sponsorships updates/asks, including assisting in finalizing sponsorship project briefs and overseeing execution of sponsored and branded content and activations.
- POC for OWL and CDL teams’ social and event leads, managing league-level support and league-driven initiatives with teams where needed.
- 2-3 years experience working with social platforms
- 1-2 years experience working in production and/or with content teams.
- 1+ years experience managing agency and vendor partners.
- Expert on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram. TikTok, Snapchat, and Reddit a plus.
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate fan of gaming, esports, the Overwatch League, and the Call of Duty League.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) that shines through in team management, agency and vendor partner meetings, weekly update emails, and interdepartmental meetings.
- Experience executing against brand and sponsorship campaigns.
- Strong background in social metrics and analysis with the ability to hit specific and actionable goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in TweetDeck.
- Knows their way around social platform analytics and insights.
- Proficient in Sprinklr and other management dashboards.
- Proficient in Wrike and/or AirTable.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite.