Associate/Intermediate Data Scientist
The Associate/Intermediate Data Scientist will develop and operationalize machine learning models in order to personalize players experience in Call Of Duty franchises. This role also will focus on engineering and pipelines as well as analytics to inform business stakeholders of our progress.
Our team has a wide range of responsibilities across Game Operations, Marketing, CRM, and Business Planning.
Some examples of other projects you may encounter: Recommender that personalizes messages of the day; mobile app display and flow; Customer Lifetime Value; Marketing models (emails and push notifications) and more.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Prototype-to-production engineering skills in Python or Java, including best practices such as source control, proper documentation, library packaging, versioning, testing, containerization, CI/CD, and task scheduling
- Advanced analytics and SQL skills
- Machine learning expertise, i.e. regression, classification, and clustering algorithms. Time-series analysis, Bayesian methods, and survival analysis. Deep Learning experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and implement parameterized models from publications (ie. Conference Proceedings in ML and Journals in Econometrics).
- Professional habits around model validation, testing, and tracking
- Solid knowledge of statistics, e.g. statistical power analysis, significance testing, t-tests, ANOVA
- Engineering experience in at least one cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Exposure to stream processing infrastructure such as Kafka a plus
- Data engineering skills to facilitate data movement, ETL, and analysis
- Masters in a quantitative science with heavy focus on data-driven modeling, e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc; or Bachelors + 2 years industry experience. Intermediate level depends on additional experience.
- Must be a tenacious and self-catalyzing problem solver. You don’t settle for good enough. Must be able to synthesize disparate data, detect and work around broken data, and investigate every possibility until you are confident you have and understand a thorough solution
- Process-oriented driving toward visibility, accountability, and communication
- Team-oriented, ability to build long-lasting and collaborative relationships effectively. You work selflessly and enthusiastically, serving as a positive catalyst for collaborative solutioning
- You contribute to the expertise in every data and analytic conversation as well as you listen with openness to other’s expertise
- A passion for analytics and diving into as well as experiencing the products on which you work (video game enthusiasm with a solid understanding of the connection of gameplay to spending behavior is a plus)
- Ability to adapt quickly, high tolerance for ambiguity, and ability to coordinate on a team
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.