Associate Creative Director
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history.
As a Associate Creative Director you will serve as the primary leader on Marketing Creative’s graphic design team, overseeing print, online, user acquisition, photography, and other forms of design. It is your responsibility to ensure industry-leading quality through effective creative direction and feedback. You will partner with the team’s multi-disciplinary creative leads and producers to strategize and execute creative content for Activision and its parent company. As a member of the department’s leadership team, you will be a champion in maintaining internal and external client relations and inspire the team through peer influence and example-setting.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the entire design effort, including project and title assignment, quality control, training, and coaching.
- Oversee multiple projects, managing timelines and communicating with customers to ensure that their content guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Be able to flex into multiple asset types on multiple platforms with an especially sharp focus on user acquisition, mobile and social platforms.
- DMentor, coach and directly supervise creative leads and other artists.
- Participate in the interview and performance review process for members of the design team.
- Serve as an expert on the titles assigned to Marketing Creative, in terms of brand identity, technical issues, and best practices.
- Must be able to adapt creative style in order to address the needs of multiple audiences on multiple AAA franchises, in multiple genres
- Ability to deliver quality and creativity (with and without direction) within the context of a variety of game genres. A portfolio demonstrating relevant work is required.
- Able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines; organized, detail-oriented and friendly
- Must be able to apply knowledge, experience, and learnings to real situations to help solve problems
- 5 years of people management and creative leadership required
- Experience in the Video Game, Entertainment, or Ad Agency industry experience preferred
- 4-year college degree preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.