Lead Rendering & Graphics Engineer
We are a team of developers with a uniting passion for crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. Our core values are our North Star ever reminding us who we intend to be and what we strive to create. Our studio culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective story the stronger our team and our game will be. We are an association of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere.
Our Rallying Cry: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community.
THRIVE ON TRUST
- We are inspired to do our best work because we are safe to take risks in an environment built on sincerity and respect.
CHASE THE HORIZON
- We believe the next great inspiration is just over the next peak; we push ourselves and each other to find it. We are all active in bringing innovation to life.
- Our strength is in our collective experiences and we stand proudly for representation and inclusion.
LIVE YOUR DREAMS
- We are driven with a passion to reach our fullest potential. Personal growth is an enduring priority for all of us.
- We don’t polish stones. We deliver brilliance. This devotion shines through in ways that raise the bar for all of us, and the experiences we bring to players everywhere
Who You Are:
You are an expert Rendering Engineer who enjoys solving challenging problems presented by multiplatform AAA games in a collaborative and creative work environment. You excel at realizing design and artistic concepts through authoring, build and runtime components that execute across platforms and at scale. You understand, balance, explain and negotiate tradeoffs in fidelity, performance and workflow. You are quick to identify and leverage existing research, tools and technologies to accelerate feature implementation. You reinforce best practices, and well-represent the interests and priorities of the rendering team.
What We Need
We are looking for an expert rendering engineer to help bring our stylized game to life. You will research, develop, debug and optimize graphics techniques applicable to large-scale high population 3d environments, executed on platforms of widely varying capability. You will work in close collaboration with concept artists, art direction and other engineers to push the engine towards a combined vision. You will pair existing technologies with novel use and solutions – managing tools, materials, shaders, jobs and scheduling – to implement this creative vision at quality within performance requirements.
- Extensive professional experience and proven capability in real-time rendering is required
- Strong 3d math and C/C++ skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- A curious mind that remains engaged with the state of the art in runtime rendering techniques is required
- Console and AAA game development experience is strongly desired
- Understanding of the roles and use of relevant DCC packages (e.g. Houdini, Substance Painter, Z-Brush) is strongly desired
- Production Unreal Engine experience is desired
- Technical leadership experience is desired