Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
- We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineer with a strong sense of software architecture to help develop centralized, internal dev tools that can slot into existing studio pipelines
- An engineer that loves to build software no matter the language or stack – whether it’s artist-focused tools in packages like Maya or Unreal; Web systems to facilitate distributed build deployment; or anything in between.
- An individual that can collaborate with studio representatives and help proactively identify common technical needs and industry content creation trends
- Most importantly, we need a great teammate with strong integrity, interpersonal, and organizational skills to navigate our fast-paced environment and offer creative solutions to all of our development teams.
What You Will Do
- Develop new, and maintain existing systems, software, and tools to accelerate the creation of games across our studios and labels.
- Help drive engineering efforts with external vendors.
- Collaborate with game teams to assess technical requirements, identify key partners, and help with integration of our code into their pipelines.
- Participate in project planning, early stage estimation, and technical breakdown of a project into component epics/stories
- Participate in architectural decisions and perform code reviews across a variety of languages (C#, C++, Python, Ruby) and applications.
- Work in a mixed internal, distributed, and outsourced team.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Experience and/or knowledge of VFX/Game/Feature Animation content creation pipelines on multiple shipped titles/shows, with at least one production in a Senior role.
- Proficiency programming/scripting in at least one content creation tool such as Maya.
- Hands on familiarity with commercial game engines (such as UE4 or Unity)
- Sound grasp of object-oriented programming, design patterns and engineering best practices.
- A love for building software that enables others to increase productivity and efficiency.
- 6+ years advanced tools programming with C/C++, C#, or Python
- 4+ years in the VFX/Game/Feature animation industry
- Experience with common web frameworks such as Django, React, or .NET.
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch or TensorFlow)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.