Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What You Will Do
- Test both 2D and 3D games, listening and looking for bugs, on various gaming platforms and devices.
- Verify that all test cases assigned to testers are designed properly and correctly executed by the team.
- Verify all bugs are entered into a bug tracking system.
- Verify all bugs marked resolved are regressed by the proper testers.
- Distribute and track builds.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Advanced bug tracking tools and database skills (including Helix and Jira).
- High productivity with few errors.
- Understanding of the department’s core values and adherence to Company policies.
- Consistently acting as a positive role model for testers, in terms of work performance and attitude.
Support Lead and/or Manager with the following:
- Preparing and distributing Daily Status Reports.
- Creating and writing Test Scripts, and keeping them current.
- Performing Database Management tasks.
- Handling Release To Manufacturer (RTM) Checklists.
- Participating in Bug Triages, weekly staff meetings and included on emails.
- Assisting with coaching and mentoring Testers.
- Providing feedback for Annual Performance Reviews.
There may be opportunities for Senior QA Testers to volunteer to perform as a “Pod Leader”. If selected, these additional Responsibilities would be part of the role:
- Help new testers learn the testing process.
- Assist with management of the bug database, as required.
- Assists Lead in supervising testers and allocating testing tasks to appropriate testers.
- Assist with employee evaluations.
- Be able to effectively communicate on issues reported within your pod
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience )
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of QA testing experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes
- Able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms (B2 or higher)
Additional Qualifications for a Pod Leader include:
- More advanced interpersonal and communication skills.
- A highly developed sense of ownership.
- Demonstrating confidence and initiative.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.