Senior Marketing Manager
The local Senior Marketing Manager is a pivotal role in the French business. Working in partnership with the Senior PR, Social and Influencer Manager, the Territory Director, Take 2 Sales and Finance Directors and ultimately Global teams (EMEA leadership, EMEA Growth, GTM, Global strategy teams, disciplines experts) the Senior Marketing Manager is tasked with leading the local marketing product team to help deliver the overall business goals set for each product in that territory. This person will also be in charge to market a range of set product/genre for the French territory if needed, in collaboration with EMEA peers.
As well as having a leading voice with the global teams, it will also require some level of player/coach responsibility, with the need to get involved in tactical local product management as well as having responsibility directing his/her team.
- Teamwork: Responsible for the planning, development and execution of 2K’s Marketing activities for the French market. To lead a team of Marketing Managers, driving integrated tactics for all 2K titles ensuring that sales are maximised both physically (disc) and digitally (download).
- Commercial Acumen – Able to work alongside the Take 2 sales/trade marketing team fostering a collaborative and proactive approach to product planning - Driving to hit overall sales and profit targets, the Snr. Marketing Manager needs to be numerate, comfortable with data and have the ability to analyse sales information, budgets, pricing/promotional activity, market trends and deliver against key commercial KPI.
- Managing People – Leading a team of individuals across a variety of marketing functions (media/trade). To be able to give strong direction, leadership and career coaching to ensure the team is working at peak performance at all times.
- Brand Strategy – To champion the local consumer needs within a global brand structure ensuring we are driving culturally relevant campaigns and purchase intent. Needs to understand ‘gamers’ and how to target the relevant target audiences given a varied product portfolio. Also needs to demonstrate a strong understanding of the changing media landscape; particularly the growth of digital channels and social media.
- Financial & Commercial Management
- Collaborating closely with local Sales Directors to develop a business plan aligning marketing investment with sales / trade-marketing plans.
- Being involved in 2K business planning process (FY planning, quarterly forecasting, monthly review) and recommending sales forecasts based on market data and consumer/product insight.
- Managing the local marketing budget to ensure all campaigns are forecast correctly, delivering on the global strategic objectives and fall within budget.
- Work with the Business Analyst to measure campaign performance of all activity to adapt all on-going and future campaigns.
- Product Marketing: Work closely with EMEA Genre Lead, GTM and Global team to formulate the marketing strategy for 2K titles in the French Market
- Provide management and direction for the team, ensuring that campaigns are executed optimally for the local market but in line with the global strategy.
- Remain at the forefront of marketing techniques through thorough understanding of all platforms, digital, social, mobile, online etc.
- Develop tools to deliver and evaluate relevant data/statistics to ensure campaigns are tracked and optimised at all times.
- Build capability within the team to take advantage of Digital owned channels such as 2K.com, eCRM, database, Custom Audience Targeting, my2k etc
- Develop strong insights based on market analysis, audiences deep dive and studies
- Plan and execute AAA marketing campaigns for allocated products.
- Hit pre-set business objectives in line with the brand positioning and given strategies.
- Accurately position allocated products in the marketplace, identifying key market segments and providing relevant data. Reporting and analysis – competitor analyses/risk analyses etc.
- Media planning. Briefing and managing of the local media agency. Develop and execute high impact, innovative media strategies, placements and solutions in the marketplace.
- Manage the product lifecycle. Conduct post-launch sales reviews and re-promotion strategies to ensure 2K products reach or exceed the set targets.
- People Management
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and directly manage a team covering product marketing.
- Responsible for managing team T&E budgets, approving travel/events/POs
- Train, appraise, develop, motivate and recruit (where appropriate) a leading marketing team.
- Manage external agencies where relevant.
- Building and Developing Relationships
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships and constant communication channels with the relevant Global and local marketing, PR teams and agencies/partners
- Be an ambassador for 2K internally and externally.
Key skills and requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior marketing position(s)
- Proven track record within a successful marketing team
- ROI driven and able to set KPI metrics for the team to aim for.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team environment.
- Pro-active. Commercially focused. Passionate, creative and committed. Open minded and flexible.
- Strong communicator with proven negotiating and influencing skills
- Organisational ability
- Videogames industry knowledge desirable or other relevant industry eg movies.
- Interest and understanding of new marketing/communication trends.
- Fluent in English both written and oral