Senior Manager, Global Marketing Strategy
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our team is comprised of experienced and talented marketing professionals and an exceptional communications team working together across the company to create ground-breaking marketing campaigns for industry leading video gaming titles.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join its Core Games Team as a project lead for future Hangar 13, and other unannounced AAA studio releases. Reporting to the Director, Global Marketing Strategy, the Sr. Brand Manager will be focused on developing global, insights-driven marketing strategies that drive acquisition, engagement and monetization opportunities for traditional and live-service focused AAA projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and executing blockbuster entertainment brand strategies and have expertise managing live service products in gaming or other entertainment and/or technology sectors. From a place of both art and science s/he must enjoy working collaboratively to create innovative marketing programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, and external agencies based on key consumer insights and established KPIs for the businesses.
What You Will Do:
In collaboration with Global Cross-Functional Publishing and Development partners proactively author and champion the global marketing strategy with clear definition of product, global audiences and how we’ll reach them, product positioning, creative platform, marketing objectives, goals, strategies, and measurements for success at a 360-marketing discipline level.
- Develop, represent, and execute insights-driven AAA global marketing strategies from initial concept inception, through development and on to launch that maximize long-term acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Define and initiate development of all brand creative including all digital content, key art, packaging, advertising creative (digital and TV), trailers, social media, sales support materials, events/activations, web and point-of-sales materials, ensuring all needs are accounted for and delivered on time
- Establish relevant measurement criteria/KPIs and oversee the tracking and analysis of marketing program returns
- Analyze project performance data, including consumer sales and in-game engagement data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results
- Manage relationships with all internal stakeholders across studios, publishing, legal and all other cross-functional teams to ensure full team collaboration and alignment against the goals of the project
- Manage brand marketing budget; manage and track expenditures
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
If you’re an innovative, creative, and collaborative marketer looking for your next challenge, you might be the right fit for 2K’s team of award winning brand marketers. You’ll love bringing consumer insights to life with innovative programs that will delight our fans who will share your work with their friends. You’ll enjoy working across all the marketing disciplines and development teams, and orchestrating execution excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of marketing management or product management, preferably in gaming or entertainment
- Have created and executed creative marketing programs on blockbuster entertainment/gaming brands
Experience managing live service products in gaming and or other entertainment and/or technology sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with ability to have influence and impact within a matrix organization both across departments and across geographies. Ability to create rapport and create impact.
- Have a passion for video gaming. Knowing games and player habits will be key to developing Brand strategy and growth across social channels while creating content relevant to our community.
- Proactive lead owning the project, a critical thinker and problem solver championing the goal posts, and ensuring the team delivers together is a cohesive and timely manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, flexible environment