(Closed) NBA International Strategy Analyst
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, PGA TOUR 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need
We are seeking a skilled, self-motivated Business Strategy Analyst to develop and refine data-driven, test-based approaches that can assist Live Services strategy and drive execution for the NBA 2K franchise. This role will be responsible for reporting Live Services internationally, and informing strategy by consistently providing relevant and impactful recommendations founded in data.
This role will partner with a team of analysts, as well as work cross functionally with brand marketing, performance marketing, product development and other key teams, to identify, model and execute solutions. Sounds amazing, right? It is – and this could be you!
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
The ideal candidate is passionate about gaming and analytics-driven decision-making. They are a curious person that creates their own questions. Methodical (but agile), objective and hypothesis-driven, comfortable parsing large data sets (but experienced enough to know how much data is actually required and where in the data to look for each answer), proactive and rigorous in testing hypotheses, and eager to uncover actionable insights that help move the needle for 2K.
The ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of video games and the industry to make sense of the data, extract an interesting and actionable learning, communicate their findings and influence the business decisions. Being a solution oriented, creative problem solver and self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to drive the results for meaningful changes are also going to be very critical for this role.
What You Will Do
- Serve as the international expert for in-game analysis, constantly tracking, analyzing and reporting on trends across user segments, territories and platforms.
- Provide overall business and in-game analysis across regions and platforms that help partner teams to develop strategies of their own.
- Communicate ongoing performance trends, strategic insights and optimization recommendations to Live Services leadership.
- Inform weekly performance commentary and deliver monthly performance updates and case studies for stakeholder & commercial discussions.
- Develop and articulate frameworks around which to understand and value engagement in our games, considering user demographics and behaviour, including games modes played, platform trends and other inputs.
- This framework should incorporate lifetime value based on game engagement, revenue, retention and other key variables
- This role will be responsible for working collaboratively with, and gaining buy-in to their frameworks and strategies from, a variety of teams including product, marketing and data science.
What Skills Are Needed
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences (or in another quantitative discipline) – MBA is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in analytics with large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and business judgement to drive sophisticated scenario models and apply insights to strategy and planning.
- Strong experience with relational databases, SQL (experience with Vertica and/or Redshift is a big plus) or experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig or other NoSQL DBs.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization – having the information is one thing, you must be able to disseminate and educate others.
- Experience working with financial and behavioral/engagement data.
- Strong Excel (incl. VBA macros, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and PowerPoint skill required.
- Experience with data visualization tools, Tableau preferred.
- Past roles with global execution is a plus.
- Video games industry experience is a plus but not required.