Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
We are looking for someone who can leads a team in executing test plans on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects. Reports to a QA Manager.
What You Will Do
- Lead all aspects of product quality: supervise the various stages of testing on each project; lead team projects to ensure that each has gone through at least two complete cycles of testing (all test cases executed) for final release testing milestones. Develop test plans and documentation. Ensure that all bugs marked resolved were resolved accurately.
- Handle projects’ progress: assess personnel, skill sets, amount and type of work to be completed, and timetables in order to provide frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers.
- Supervise mobile testing staff: interview, hire, train, evaluate performance, and when vital, discipline employees; establish and supervise work schedules, mentor team leaders, and provide guidance to them regarding task allocation to Testers.
- Handle production of all the vital testing output including: daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, code releases, and post-mortem reports.
- Support Producers and/or Developers: setup and run bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all required documentation. Lead discussions regarding the status of the bugs and the mobile game in testing phase and collaborate on prioritization of remaining issues to ensure these are addressed and resolved.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in English.
- Advanced MS Office suite, Google suite and Outlook skills.
- Advanced database skills; (e.g. Jira, Helix).
- Time-management skills.
- Ability to act as a positive role model for testers within the department.
- Flexibility, empathy, and creativity solving problems.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Desirable experience of 4+ years in QA testing. Ideally in Mobile QA
- Experience with team development.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes for Mobile QA
- Bilingual / native proficiency in English, in both written and oral forms (C1 or higher).
- Experience submitting code to Apple, Google and/or Amazon portals would be considered as a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.