Jnr SDET (Software Developer in Test)
BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and respected technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
As our Quality Assurance and Core Technology teams continue to grow, we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate Jnr. SDET to join our team. Your position will see you test back-end service tools, pipelines and results to ensure these remain valid and function correctly throughout the development lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to help develop and improve our automation and continuous integration processes. Reports to the Lead and/or Manager.
- Collaborate to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Design, implement and modify hooks, harnesses, automated solutions, and tests at every level
- Influence architectural discussions to enable testing for correctness, scalability, and fault-tolerance
- Analyze test output to identify patterns that influence software quality and report those findings
- Work with both internal and outsourced teams
- Produce comprehensive documentation for internal and external use
- Help mentor more junior staff in areas of technical expertise
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Grasp of automated test principles, patterns, and applications
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- A passion for giving gamers amazing customer experiences
- Capable with SQL Databases and source control (e.g.: Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 1+ years’ experience in an Automation/SDET role writing tests for web applications and/or APIs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware
- Excellent attention to detail, while handling ambiguity
- Proven prioritization and scheduling demands in a fluid environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, occasionally lift 20 lbs., and move between floors
- Familiarity with other scripted and compiled languages e.g., python, shell, Java, C++, C#, php
- Knowledge of commercial online game platforms e.g., Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Steam
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized environments
- Experience in performance and load testing online services
- Administration of Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools
- Passion for the gaming industry
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K com accounts.