2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
About the Team:
Technical Infrastructure and Operations
The 2K Technical Infrastructure and Operations team is responsible for the operations and infrastructure of all consumer facing production systems and developer facing production-development systems under the 2K label, customer facing account services and websites. The team manages systems and services spanning multiple datacenters both terrestrial and cloud based.
What You Will Do
- Own Incident Management life-cycle of our production infrastructure from monitoring through resolution
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues and events involving 2K’s production applications, systems, clouds, and networks
- Keep everything up and running!
- 3 years fixed term position with high possibility for permanent conversion
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- You take initiative when you see a problem; you are a life-long learner who seeks out knowledge. You're driven to learn new skills and technologies
- You have a natural aptitude for written and verbal communications; able to tailor presentation from individual-contributors through senior management
- You have a rock solid command presence and are calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage.
- You have 3+ years of large-scale production network or systems operations and enjoy talking reliability engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical field, or similar work experience in a large-scale 24/7 production environment supporting critical, real-time applications
- Solid grasp of Linux Red Hat, Windows server OS, AD
- Experience working in virtualized environments and cloud implementations
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP suite
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work shift model
- Kubernetes/Public Cloud experience
- Python, Shell scripting