Global Marketing Insights Manager
Who We Are:
2K is a leading console and PC game developer and publisher who is known for bringing critically acclaimed titles such as NBA 2K, Borderlands, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, Bioshock, Mafia, XCOM, WWE 2K, and Sid Meier’s Civilization to gamers around the world.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a passionate and self-motivated Manager to work cross-functionally with Franchise Brand teams, Analytics, Growth, Creative, and Performance Marketing to develop a deeper understanding of our gaming audience through data-driven insights and market research. You will focus on collecting consumer data through both primary and secondary sources, analyzing consumer segments, and identifying the needs and wants of our gamers. Ultimately, you will partner across 2K to prioritize our target audiences, optimize our marketing strategy, and inform game development to better align with audience needs and behaviors.
The Manager of Global Marketing Insights is a new role and will be based in Novato, California and report into the Director of Global Marketing Insights.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze consumer segments and data and drive consumer journey optimization to close the loop between marketing insights and actions
- Partner with internal and external research teams to identify, summarize, and communicate consumer trends in the gaming industry that will affect marketing teams
- Work collaboratively with our Brand and Performance Marketing, Growth, Analytics, and Creative teams to gather audience and campaign data to analyze consumer data and optimize marketing strategies and budgets
- Collate, organize and analyze all relevant marketing and business data to determine what has and has not worked in historical marketing campaigns
- Analyze internal 2K customer data to develop the estimated size of potential consumer segments and identify opportunities for improved targeting and conversion
- Create and distribute presentations, reports and/or dashboards that summarize the development and ongoing optimization of budgets in a clear and precise manner
- Partner with Analytics to understand the relationship between different campaign factors/attributes and sales to support marketing budget decisions and recommend test scenarios to drive business growth and innovation in marketing
- Identify optimization opportunities across marketing channels and work closely with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities
- Develop hypotheses of how and why marketing investment tactics impacts sales, CPA, and ultimately marketing budgets
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You have a strategic mind, knowledge of consumer marketing metrics and standards, and comfort in working collaboratively to drive complex marketing tactics and analyses. You should be able to independently form and communicate hypotheses and feel comfortable taking ownership to partner with teams in pursuit of answers. Solution-oriented, creative problem solvers, and self-starters with passion and enthusiasm for driving results tend to succeed at 2K!
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, or related disciplines
- 3+ years of professional experience in management consulting, marketing or consumer insights, growth marketing, business strategy, or marketing analytics
- Proven analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Proven ability to break down complex analyses into communicable conclusions that can be shared with diverse stakeholder groups
- Comfort working autonomously; a “self-starter”
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to successfully manage and deliver against expectations
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results via a thorough knowledge of the principles of marketing
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Innate ability to respectfully challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills