Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do! Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
Directs and facilitates the relationships and publishing services required to support delivering commercially successful AAA games. Fostering and driving the label commercial goals, you will lead all aspects of project budgeting and the P&L for project(s) within a studio. You will be responsible for resolving project overruns and getting approval in cases where necessary.
What You Will Do
- Predicting momentum on your project and helping predict its landing point, release date, etc.
- Ensuring working models fall within 2K guidelines regarding standard methodologies, executive updates, etc.
- Negotiating all third-party contracts for the project(s) as needed
- Overseeing the review and completion of achievement feedback on behalf of 2K
- Overseeing the staffing and potential field requirements of the publishing teams you manage
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- 10+ years in internal game development
- Experience building and leading teams across multiple locations
- Previous leadership roles on projects built using proprietary technology
- Experience building AAA open world or sandbox games
- Comfortable guiding and leading staff across both production and creative subject areas, ensuring there is a balanced level of push and pull
- An excellent communicator and emotionally intelligent leader capable of rallying a team
- A deep understanding of relationship management, conflict resolution, budgeting, project management, development, cross-departmental publishing
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, including publishing executives
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and capable of acting autonomously
- Capable of balancing production and creative needs in support of making informed decisions
- Flexibility to tackle additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation
- Must be able to effectively communicate risks and obstacles both to managed team members, as well as to studio leadership
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.