Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
The role of an Intermediate Cinematic Animator is to build amazing character performances by creating exemplary animation, while being a purveyor of the cinematic animation vision.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Leads, Directors, production staff and other disciplines, to develop high-end cinematic animation.
- Deliver high-quality hand-keyed animations and edit mocap data to stylize the character animations to fit the artistic style of the game.
- Work with a FACS based facial rig and proprietary facial animation tools.
- Participate in reviews with the cinematics team, give and receive constructive feedback.
- Communicate with individuals in other disciplines from modeling, art, design and engineering.
- Estimate the time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Provide knowledge and solutions for everyday cinematic animation challenges.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 3 years of experience as an animator
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Certification in Animation or related field preferred
- Experience working within cross discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- Experience with mocap cleanup and keyframe animation.
- Experience with hand-key facial animation and tools.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent game engine’s is a plus.
- Great communications skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- A strong understanding of form, gesture, and silhouette regarding motion. A strong understanding of anatomy and caricature.
- Excellent skill in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms, and mechanical objects.
- A strong understanding of traditional animation principles, and how they can be used to augment motion capture data and sell a character performance.
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.