Fall Guys is the number one F2P title on PlayStation
Fall Guys was officially the most downloaded free-to-play title in the US, Canada, and EU on the PlayStation Store in 2022.
- Sony has revealed a list of the most downloaded games on the PlayStation Store in 2022 for both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Separate lists were provided for both the US/Canada and EU storefronts, showing the differences in trends between the regions.
- One constant in the list was the top free-to-play titles on the platform, with Fall Guys taking the top spot in both regions, beating out big names such as Overwatch 2, Call of Duty: Warzone, and Apex Legends.
- Fall Guy saw a resurgence in popularity following its shift to free-to-play in June 2022, after numbers began to fall from its successful launch back in 2020. Just two weeks after the free-to-play update, the game’s official Twitter account revealed that it had a total of 50 million players, with the 20 million mark being crossed days after release.
- Fall Guys wasn’t the only Epic Games title included in the list, with Rocket League and Fortnite sitting between the second and seventh spots across both regions.
What else is happening at Epic Games?
- Epic continued to support its massively popular battle royale game Fortnite with a January 18 patch, which included fixes as well as a brand-new item. The Falcon Scout allows players to mark enemies, open containers, and bring loot back to safety. Of course, there’s the downside that players are vulnerable before using the item, so make sure to be in cover before sending out your new feathered friend. You can read the full patch notes here.
- According to Twitter leaker @BillbilKun, the remastered Grand Theft Auto Trilogy will be available on the Epic Games Store on January 19, with a 50% discount during the first week. This is the first time the controversial collection will be available for PC players after a disastrous launch filled with bugs and poor performance on consoles. It will not be free, despite some recent reports to the contrary.
- Fortnite has also collaborated with rapper THE KID LAROI to add a radio station in-game that plays some of his favorite songs whenever you’re in a vehicle. This is just one of many collaborations the game has had since its blow-up, and we’re only likely to see more in the future.