Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition, and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games includes – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
As a Senior Manager, Product Marketing (Mobile), you will join the global marketing organization for the Words With Friends franchise. You'll be responsible for growing the game’s target market, brand awareness and delivering multi-channel go-to-market plans for various features and beats. You will partner with consumer insights and the game team to influence the product strategy and roadmap, ensuring the game satisfies consumer needs and business objectives.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of strategies plans and owning the execution of integrated marketing plans across the Words With Friends for various features and beats
- Build and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications. Identify value propositions and key messages that bond the right players to our games
- Analyze the performance of all marketing programs to identify the best opportunities for optimization, and regularly iterate to increase performance, making recommendations to continually refine marketing strategies around acquisition, engagement, and retention of the players
- Be a “marketing ambassador” between the central marketing teams and game teams
- Ensure goals and incentives are aligned across all teams including game studio, platform partnerships, marketing creative, lifecycle marketing, paid user acquisition, social media marketing, and others
- Work with the Product Management and CI team to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Zynga could better satisfy end-users and partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help advise and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Present and report to studio leadership and collaborators on marketing strategies, plans, and findings, on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis, as needed
- Deploy and update deferred deep links across the marketing channels through our mobile measurement partner (MMP)
- Manage and grow the wordswithfriends.com web property; including the e-commerce merchandise store
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where meaningful
- Build, guide, and track the team's marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all marketing programs and apply takeaways to future programs
- Assist business development/partner and communication teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and execute on partner marketing programs
- Proficient in contract negotiation and legal requirements/restrictions of all marketing programs; including influencer marketing
- Build and execute traditional media marketing (offline) marketing campaigns and unlock the potential of a media mix model for growth marketing across TV, radio, print, OOH, and other channels.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years experience in free-to-play game or app marketing with a strong track record of success and results across multiple projects
- Understanding of mobile acquisition, retention, and monetization key product indicators
- Strong influencing skills; effective cross-functional driver. Has strong communication skills and can build rapport with various departments and channel owners — doesn’t rely on previously built relationships as an end-all, be-all
- Is a leader, but can also be an independent contributor — someone who can inspire, empower, and assist others when needed
- Has a deep understanding of their team’s objectives and responsibilities and is able to speak to all marketing projects on a high level
- Has strong presentation skills — knows and understands what KPIs are important to highlight for our marketing efforts and campaigns
- Has a background in traditional media marketing and understands at a high level how to plan, implement, measure, and scale offline marketing campaigns
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment and complete projects from start to finish in a timely manner
- Has strong project management skills that help to prioritize and disperse various projects. Ability to be flexible on a day-to-day basis with task priority
- Strong and versatile copywriting experience across multiple marketing channels
- Comfortable leading creative direction on various projects, as needed
- Can advocate for their team by supplying them with resources and opportunities that help those colleagues succeed
- Is an appreciative coworker who understands the importance of compassion in the workplace. Knows the importance of supporting and building up their teammates, while respecting their colleagues' professional and personal boundaries
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.