Director, Product Design & UX
Seniority Level: Director
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote
About the role and about You:
As Director, Product Design & UX, you will join a growing team to help lead our mission to elevate Zwift’s core experiences across game, app and web. You will be responsible for overseeing intuitive and user-focused solutions to complex problems. Through these efforts, Zwift will deliver a user experience that becomes a point of competitive differentiation. You should be a strong team builder, as you will be working in partnership with the VP of Product Design & UX to develop and grow a group of talented and motivated Product Experience (UX) Designers. We value leaders who are empathetic and supportive coaches. Those who can use their design vision to influence a rapidly growing, dynamic organization while raising the bar for experiential quality and consistency through the work of the team. This is a senior leadership-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required.
What you’ll do:
- Work in close partnership with the VP of Product Design & UX to develop and lead a team of Product Design professionals while rolling up your sleeves to lead by example.
- Help set a standard for our business by introducing and reinforcing modern Product Experience Design / User Centered design practices in every step of the Agile product development process, from research to concept to delivery.
- Develop collaborative, strategic partnerships with your Product, Program, Game, Brand, Research and Engineering peers.
- Establish and iteratively evolve experiential and UI consistency and quality across the Zwift ecosystem (game, Zwift Companion app, web, etc).
- Use a user-centered and data-informed design approach to drive innovation and make rapid iterative improvement on our critical user journeys, both in-game and throughout the Zwift ecosystem.
- Mentor the team on UX best practices (User-Centered Design, Lean UX, Design systems, interaction design, etc).
- Partner with Director of Product Design & UX Research to help designers understand why, when and how to best utilize UX research in their product design processes.
- Develop, scale and institutionalize the frameworks and artifacts needed to effectively grow and coach strong UX leaders and build diverse and inclusive UX teams
What you'll have:
- You have 10+ years experience in design leadership, building products that customers love, with a passion for design as a means to help others.
- You possess expert capabilities in UX and product design methods and practices in Lean/Agile environments.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment.
- You have a strong professional track record of designing complex user experiences applied to games/desktop apps/mobile apps (designing product experiences that include software and hardware and multiple platforms is a definite plus).
- You understand how and why it’s critical to prioritize product experience quality over strict processes.
- You own your outcomes and have a high degree of integrity. You acknowledge areas of opportunity to improve and work to get better.
- You are mission-focused and have a bias toward action. You manage your time well, prioritize your weekly workload and focus on the things that are going to move the needle. Being busy is not the same as being impactful.
- You have experience developing job levels, progression planning, team charters and other artifacts associated with effectively scaling a team of design professionals.
- You care deeply about the people in your team, helping them set and achieve their personal and professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- You have deep enthusiasm for, and/or experience in, cycling, fitness, or video games.
- Extra Bonus XP if you’re currently a passionate Zwifter!
- Experience delivering results while working remotely with geographically distributed teams.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.