Senior Technical Artist (Animation)
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Artist with a focus in animation to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with experience in rigging and animation. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to develop efficient, maintainable workflows capable of supporting a large, complex project with a wide range of animation needs
- Develop tools and workflows to support animators
- Develop and maintain runtime animation graphs
- Provide direct support to the animation team
- Work with Engineering to develop best practices, technical guidelines, and performance metrics for animation
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid technical background with ability to design and implement systems
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Solid understanding of kinematics, animation principles and ability to translate this into tangible production tools and processes
- Experience with runtime animation tools, techniques and capabilities (Unity, Havok Behavior, Natural Motion, or proprietary systems, etc.)
- Experience working with an animation graph or similar system
- Experience rigging characters for animation
- Understand differences between production and runtime animation requirements
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- Mocap Experience
- Experience working with 2 or more animation pipelines
- Linear algebra
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques