Senior Animator (f/m/d)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Animator who loves working in interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced and creative environment to come join our team and develop amazing games with us!
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Create engaging and believable in-game animations
- Work closely together with animation direction and other disciplines to ensure animations meet expectations of quality, style and consistency
- Troubleshoot and solve technical production issues
- Quickly master in-house tools and suggest improvements
- Maintain animations after they are implemented, taking a strong interest in the final result of a feature.
- Work closely with other disciplines in small interdisciplinary teams in order to achieve features that are more than the sum of their parts
- Estimate high level goals and provide solutions to high level problems in planning.
- Play a significant role in review cycles, both in providing feedback for coworkers and improving based on feedback from team members
- Mentor and spread knowledge to other team members
- Take ownership of animations and features as a whole while still incorporating feedback
- 5+ years of professional experience working as an animator in the industry
- Strong Maya knowledge (Motion builder knowledge is a plus)
- You can demonstrate and excel at creating believable key framed animations of both characters and creatures
- Experience with any game engine, preferably Unreal Engine 4
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, make adjustments of scope to meet deadlines and to excel under production conditions
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to work closely with direction in order to achieve great results, and to work collaboratively
- Able to support in review sessions and provide guidance to junior animators with a focus on growth for whole team
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passionate about video games
- Professional experience with creature animation (experience with 1st person animation is a plus but not essential)
- Knowledge of current animation techniques and tech
- Good knowledge of the Unreal Engine, Animation Blueprints in particular
- Experience with animation trees and state machines in general
- Experience with mentoring junior animators
- Able to adapt to different animation styles easily and efficiently
- Basic rigging and skinning knowledge
- Basic scripting and/or programming knowledge is a plus
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
- Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, monthly company events, fitness Club membership, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
- Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
- A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, Summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, we are looking forward to get to know you!
Join our Team!