Lead Game Designer
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 different nations work together to create high-quality casual games driven by engaging stories at the core of the experience.
At Wooga, we believe that to make outstanding games you not only must love what you do, you must be part of a team with other experts who share your passion for excellence. We are very proud of the professional and creative environment we have established here, and we are confident it will inspire and enable you to do amazing things!
Will you be a part of our story?
We are seeking a Lead Game Designer for our enormously successful Hidden Object Game, June’s Journey. Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work in a stable environment that strives for and recognizes excellence, and where values like integrity, diversity, and accountability are paramount? Then you need to come check us out!
What will you do?
- Lead the design efforts on a top grossing mobile game that has millions of delighted players.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, developers, artists, and other team stakeholders to create and support exciting new features and live events.
- Maintain a holistic view of all aspects of the game’s design, and constantly try to improve the HO scenes, economy, UI & UX, pacing & monetization, events, content pipelines, and more.
- Inspire and manage a growing team of super talented and enthusiastic game designers. Set clear goals for their professional development, and define deliverables that encourage and focus their efforts.
- Understand June’s audience, and the market, to ensure that features and content are competitive and engaging. Our players are everything to us!
- Do you like storytelling? Interface with writers and other disciplines to define and enhance the game’s epic narrative.
- Work with analysts to study player behaviors and the game’s performance, then use that data to improve KPIs.
- Remain current on the hidden object market and competitive titles.
Who are you?
- Ideally, you have 8+ years of relevant mobile game and live-ops experience, with at least 4 years in a Lead role.
- You have extensive experience with f2p design, best-practice live ops, agile development, and managing a large team of game designers with different areas of specialization.
- As a mature team leader, organization is one of your top skills, you have a keen eye for details, and you understand the importance of setting goals and meeting deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator (in English), and comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people. You can present your ideas in a clear and comprehensive way using spreadsheets, slideshows, and visual prototyping tools.
- You play mobile games and stay current on emerging game trends, new mechanics, and innovative monetization techniques.
- You have strong analytical capabilities, so you seek out f2p KPIs and you know how to drive them. You possess a thorough understanding of game pacing, balancing, and game systems.
- You are constantly looking to improve your skills and are willing to accept and provide constructive criticism.
- You are an excellent team player, who fits into our multinational and über-friendly team of highly-motivated professionals.
Why will you love working at Wooga?
- You will help create a fantastic gameplay experience for literally millions of players.
- We provide extensive relocation and visa support for you and your loved ones. We want to make your move to Berlin as smooth as possible.
- All employees receive a significant education budget for classes, conferences, and more. You’ll even receive extra days off for self-development.
- We have regular meetups, workshops, brown bag lunches with industry leaders, world cafe’s, internal trainings, and more!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success.
- We offer a unique office space, with sleeping pods and lounges, console games, and a full kitchen with as much coffee, free drinks, fruit, and snacks as you can handle.
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.