At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We constantly check how happy our employees are, and we are consistently above the industry benchmark. So you can look forward to a diverse, open-minded and professional working environment with plenty of great people, benefits, a great location close to Alexanderplatz and opportunities for your further development.
We are looking for a 3D Artist for our upcoming, exciting game, who will work closely with our art team on the highest quality assets. See your own ideas come to life and being enjoyed by millions of players around the world!
One thing is for sure: you will join a team of talented, fun and dedicated people working on a project that is to be released soon and already has a lot of great reviews from its soft launch.
Your main focus will be 3D environment-work, but you could for example, also get the opportunity to work on some 2D characters, items and illustrations if this is interesting to you. And, if you didn’t work with it yet, then we will teach you some basics in Unity as well.
About the role
- You will work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of artists, writers, developers, designers, and product managers dedicated to crafting world-class, casual narrative-driven games.
- Your main focus will be on environment creation (collecting references, simple/rough concepts, communication with writers and art lead, 3D modelling with some 2D overpaint, export to Unity)
- You will work on locations that go all the way from simple locations like a normal bus stop to more challenging ones like fantasy locations, which will require full expression of your creativity
- You will need to scope your work in a way to be able to deliver assets based on time-boxes
- You might occasionally also help out with our core game and support there with the creation of 3D models. Therefore having an understanding of how to reduce details is also welcome.
- We aim to fill a clear environment artist position. Still, depending on your level and knowledge, your tasks could expand in the future to other areas (possibly working with our Tech-art department to guide visual effect, creating vfx, 2D art, organizational tasks etc). There are so many areas for the potential further development of your skills and interests!
- You have full production experience. Ownership of bringing assets through the whole process from concept to final result that tells a story and creates a mood for the world where the game is based
- A professional eye for detail, shapes, proportions, composition, textures, colors and lighting
- A solid and proven grounding in the ability to concept environments
- Proficiency in 3D software, such as Modo, Blender etc.
- unity knowledge is a plus
- You should be able to work with time-boxes and scope a task around this
- Good understanding of color and light
- Good 2D skills for concepts and overpaint is also a big plus
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!