Prototype Game Developer
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
This is a six-month contract position, with flexibility to work between 24-40 hrs/wk.
Do you thrive in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions? We have an exciting opportunity for a Game Developer - Prototype to join our NEW IP STUDIO team.
In this role, you are responsible for exploring ways to translate paper game design into playable digital game experiences. You will be working in Unity and/or Unreal as we look to find the best production pathway for our new, high-potential ideas. Along the way, you will partner closely with a team of fantastic game creatives.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver features rapidly without getting bogged down in making systems perfect
- Be part of the development process and contribute improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the product through the prototype lifecycle
- Partner with Design, Narrative, Art and Production to iterate towards a shared vision
- Participate in team rituals such as stand-ups, brainstorm sessions, group play sessions, etc.
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team
- Provide reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete stated vision and scope goals
- Participate in code reviews, testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code as necessary
- Bring meaningful contributions to both the strength of our work and the quality of our work environment
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience prototyping features and developing games in a studio environment
- 3+ years working with C#, .NET, and in Unity3D Development
- Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, consoles, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Unity toolset and plugins; similar experience with Unreal also preferred
- Experience creating rudimentary game assets (meshes, animations, materials, etc) preferred
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- Ability to resolve technical problems and an understanding of the technical challenges that arise from developing for multiple users on multiple platforms
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.