Production Artist, Magic TCG
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you passionate about pixel-perfect designs, optimized for print? Are your Photoshop layers immaculately named and ordered for every handoff? Do you revel in the joy of crafting flawless templates that are easily understood and accompanied by well-documented specs? Come use your attention to detail and passion for outstanding creative production to supercharge Magic: The Gathering as a Production Artist!
The Production Artist ensures that every piece of art, every expansion symbol, and each new card frame we are build looks its best in the hands of our fans! This is both an upstream role, co-developing design files for other production artists to work from, and a downstream reviewer role where you ensure that the creative intent set forth on your projects is being accurately executed against. You’ll also get the opportunity to work with folks across the studio on style guidelines and presentations!
What You'll Do
- Working closely with Art Directors and Graphic Designers to take their initial concepts and bring them to fruition through cleanup, versioning, and print testing
- Detailing the specifications of the files you build for the purposes of commissioning artwork and setting up our print vendors for success
- Working with other production artist groups to ensure they are set up for success in working with your files
- Reviewing the output of downstream artists to ensure that all output is accurate and meets Art Director and Brand goals
- Generating long-form internal guideline documents in InDesign
- Developing quick-turn presentation files in PowerPoint
- Following development timelines to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise with both the creative team and cross-channel teams
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years experience of production and/or pre-press design experience working heavily in Adobe Creative Suite for a brand, agency, or production house
- Demonstrable experience preparing digital files for print using variable specifications (ink limits, varnish plates, etc)
- Sophisticated attention to detail with ability to finesse and adjust creative with minimal direction
- Strong typographic skills and ability to produce layouts following basic design principles
- Ability to reference existing guidelines and templates to produce on-brand assets
- Ability to drive your own prioritization, time-management, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of the creative elements of a Magic: The Gathering card
- Professional experience in gaming or other fantasy-adjacent pop culture creative
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.