User Research Assistant
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WB Games is looking for a User Research Assistant to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile. As a User Research Assistant you will moderate groups (10 -15) through test sessions where data is collected on our games. During each session you will observe participant behavior and communicate that information back to the group. You will receive training for many of the necessary skills; however knowledge of research practices with people is critical.
- Prepare and execute playtest studies.
- Work with User Researchers to determine what products will need testing.
- Recruit the necessary amount and participant profile for each study
- Submit nightly notes/observations for each test
- Administer each playtest in a non-biased manner
- Maintain the inventory of gratuities (Games/T-shirts) forecasting when new stock is needed
- Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
- Special projects on occasion (Data Entry, Recruiting events)
- Pursuit of relevant college degree (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field).
- Must have completed Psych 209
- Prior work with human subjects
Special Knowledge or Skills that would be valuable:
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies.
- Research experience with children combined with early childhood development emphasis
- Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games.
- Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.