Senior Data Scientist
As a part of the Rapid Prototyping team, you will work at the intersection of game development and data science areas. Your role will be to deliver state-of-the-art machine learning solutions for our game development processes. The ideal candidate won’t just help us to increase our analytical tasks, but will also bring new knowledge and experience to the team. As a subject matter expert, you will be working in close collaboration with game teams to identify, prototype, and implement solutions to change the game production and player experience.
We are looking for a new team member with strong interpersonal skills and a combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and accountability.
Analyze data and apply researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to various challenging business issues.
Prepare analytical reports in a simple, understandable way for a business or technical audience. Develop specifications for created models for further automation.
The ideal candidate is an intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual with a passion for gaming, data modeling, analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
What will you do?
- Design, prototype, and implement advanced machine learning algorithms to help improve player experience. Work with the Engineering team to implement robust processes in real time.
- Frame and conduct intricate analyses and experiments using extremely large, complex (not always well-structured, highly variable) datasets and analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Create statistical models that provide insights and direction for overall game feature design and level design.
- Develop tools and processes that will help data scientists and stakeholders more efficiently generate data insight through our very rich game data.
- Check and debug any data-related issues to ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Build automated data flows.
- Work in close collaboration with game teams to identify and prototype projects involving machine learning features.
- Research, implement, and improve machine learning solutions to improve our game production processes or player experience.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to industrialize machine learning solutions into innovative products and business processes.
- Review relevant academic and industry research to identify useful algorithms, techniques, libraries, etc. Monitor the latest machine learning/artificial intelligence trends and cutting-edge techniques to leverage them in our projects.
- Collaborate with worldwide and local stakeholders to share ideas, best practices, and methodologies.
- Present information using data visualization techniques to both technical and non-technical team members.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (applied mathematics, statistics, or data mining).
- Experience in the field of data science.
- Ability to work with both structured and unstructured data.
- Knowledge of probability theory and mathematical statistics.
- Working knowledge of clustering, discriminant and regression analysis, time series analysis, and other data mining and machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms and tools solving regression and classification problems.
- Working knowledge of R or Python programming languages.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Teamwork experience.
- Readiness to work remotely.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with reinforcement learning, generative adversarial network, NLP, and other state-of-the-art techniques.
- Experience with TensorFlow/Pytorch, numpy, scipy, cuda, etc.
- Experience with other programming languages (C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience working with big data.
- Experience with cloud data/data processing services.
- Working knowledge of BI tools, BA tools, or DWH.
- Advanced data visualization skills.
- Experience in creating analytical reports.
- Experience in the game development industry.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!