Senior Software Engineer, Online
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Foothill Ranch, CA studio is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our development efforts on an exciting new game! Within this role, you will be focused on interfacing with our various back end systems such as matchmaking, persistence, and others, making the online experience of our game shine.
What You Will Do:
- Work with UI and gameplay engineers to develop a clean online experience.
- Implement game-specific applets for back ends as needed.
- Work with the back-end development team(s) to ensure the game’s needs are met.
- Implement generic interfaces to multiple console systems as needed for things like commerce and party systems.
- Refine matchmaking rules as needed to optimize for our game’s needs.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in game programming
- Meaningful experience working in online systems for game consoles
- Understanding of distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Ability to learn and master complicated code systems
- Ability to write clean, bug-free, well-documented, and efficient code
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 online systems