We are looking for a Unreal Engine Designer to join our core Virtex Stadium platform team. You will collaborate with the development and art teams to design, tweak, and optimize the VR user experience. Your analytical skills, user insights, and creativity aid in crafting experiences that engage and surprise users. You will have a great understanding of Unreal Engine and passion for designing social Virtual Reality experiences.
We are a growing studio, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning. You are comfortable with and even thrive in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. At the same time this is an opportunity for you to grow with the company and help shape it.
- Design, implement, and improve the core platform, VR mechanics and key systems.
- Create and provide multiple potential design and technical solutions, as well as articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Work collaboratively with the technical, art and design teams to create a great holistic experience.
- Work on a wide variety of 3rd party standards and resources (often coming from different AAA studios or game engines) for a variety of different technical and design driven solutions.
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers.
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of experience in professional Game Design, including VR Game Design.
- Proficiency at scripting in Blueprints and basic understanding of C++ Code.
- Able to rapidly prototype concepts and later polish into production ready solutions.
- Good knowledge of game flow and what makes a great user experience.
- Can create and improve complex mechanics and/or systems with attention to the user impacts and downstream effects.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills.
Additional Skills (pluses)
- Passion for Esports, VR or live events.
- Experience working with UMG or comparative game oriented UI systems.
- Solid understanding of actor hierarchy incl. C++ parent class relationships for blueprint actors.
- Knowledge of procedural generation software (e.g. Houdini).
- Familiar with Epic's standard best practices.
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- Experience working Unreal's AI and/or NPC system.
- Ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration).
- Relocation support to UK incl. budget if you are interested in moving to London and working from the studio/office.
- Latest VR equipment for all team members.
- Stock Options depending on your previous experience.
- Play Fund to support you exploring games and other social apps.
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents.
- We are a registered UK Visa Sponsor.