At Valve, we are pushing the boundaries of virtual reality (VR) experiences. We are looking for versatile, self-directed software engineers who can help us achieve the next steps in VR with millions of customers worldwide.
Software engineers contribute to hardware at Valve in many ways. We invent new VR tracking systems, we carefully measure latencies across novel display pipelines, and we develop firmware to expose hardware functionality that was never anticipated. We create computer vision algorithms to align experiences across real and virtual worlds, we write 3D graphics shaders, USB drivers, and much more. We also recruit software engineers like you.
Valve generally hires engineers with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Do you prefer to collaborate with peers to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply follow a vision that's been set for you? If you're seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us!
- Proven professional software development experience
- Experience in one or more of the following
- Software Development in C/C++
- Firmware Development
- Computer Graphics (GPU Acceleration, Shading, Rendering)
- Computer Vision / Tracking (State Estimation, Inertial Navigation)
- Engine Integration (Unity, Unreal)
- Human-Computer Interaction, Controllers, and User Interface Design
- Video Compression / Wireless Technologies
Please note this is a senior role, requiring prior industry experience.
Unfortunately, we do not have openings for recent graduates.