Senior Multiplayer Tools Developer
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games have thrived.
Are you an experienced engineer who wants to be a part of a team crafting first class tools? We are looking for a Senior Tools Developer to help define and build the workflows Unity developers use to make multiplayer experiences. In this role, you will be given the freedom to drive large initiatives in this area targeted at improving everything performance analysis, client/server development iteration, playtest coordination, and everything in between. Help us unlock the next generation of multiplayer game development!
What you’ll be doing
- Architect and implement tools and libraries that accelerate multiplayer development
- Build Unity Editor tools used for network performance analysis, debugging multiplayer scenarios, and iterating on multiplayer gameplay
- Work closely with the core network SDK team to collaborate on tooling and workflow requirements
- Write and maintain production-quality code and tests
What we’re looking for
- Experience working as a tools engineer on multiple shipped titles
- Experience with high-performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- Familiarity with modern real-time networking concepts
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate, and execute on engineering initiatives
You might also have
- Expertise in C# or other C-based language
- Prior experience with the Unity Engine
- Familiarity with accessible UI/UX methodologies
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.