Backend Engineer, Direct Demand Targeting
In Helsinki, you will work on Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on a scale you will not see in many other places. Essentially, you will be doing what Google does on the web (only you will be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. We use Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Kubernetes and many others selected to fit for purpose. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players each day. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future and meet the customer requirements. The model of continuous deployment with multiple deployments to production per day enables us to move fast with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
- Design, develop new services and improve our existing services
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Solid experience in software development
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations
- Quality-driven attitude
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language
- Experience with Node.js is a plus, we have services which still use it
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus, we run our services on GKE
- Experience with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform is a plus, we build and own our infrastructure
- Experience with a broad range of projects and solutions
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.