Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a Video Artist for Ubisoft Reflections/Ubisoft Leamington studio you will work as a part of the Creative Services team to produce high quality video content and assets upon request for use both internally and externally.
What will you do?
- Work as a part of the Creative Services team to create video and motion graphics content and assets as required;
- Aid in the production of outstanding promotional videos to support marketing campaigns and for internal use;
- Capture and edit gameplay footage into trailers, video updates or other related materials;
- Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
- Ensure that video content is of high quality and follows the artistic direction of the project;
- Support the graphic design team with ad-hoc tasks as and when required;
- Understanding of accessibility issues and how to best implement appropriate solutions in a video context;
- Follow establish procedures and guidelines to complete assigned projects on time and under budget;
- Support the Creative Services Art Manager in various aspects of team projects when required, which may require the following but is not restricted to:
- Attendance outside of working hours;
- Set up and preparation of events;
- Photography and Videography of events;
- Other duties as required by the Creative Services Art Manager;
- Communicate and collaborate with clients and the Creative Services Art Manager to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Agree briefs with clients; including ensuring the delivery of work by predetermined completion dates;
- Assist in the creation of other marketing deliverables as required.
What will you bring?
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Good understanding of Adobe suite software and 3D applications;
- Working knowledge of video and post-production pipelines.
- Experience of facilitating/delivering professional quality interviews – camera operation, lighting and editing;
- Working knowledge of video cameras and the basics of camera control, shutter speeds, apertures, lens types, filters and effects;
- Good understanding of the principles of visual storytelling;
- Working knowledge of graphic design and typography is desirable;
- Working knowledge of various gameplay capture devices is an asset;
- Knowledge of the video games industry is desirable;
- Relevant experience within video production, post-production or similar;
- Knowledge and experience of film, video production and post-production gained through academic studies and/or work experience;
- Experience of video editing software, media codecs, streaming technology, encoding software and motion graphics and capturing video game footage;
- Experience of working within established brand and design guidelines;
- Enthusiastic and passionate knowledge of trends in video editing, motion graphics, cameras, and post-production.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.