When you’re a Tools Programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a fundamental role in the design and implementation of the technologies used by a project’s content creation teams. You know you have done a good job when they can channel their vision and creativity into a world-renowned game effortlessly.
As a dependable member of a dedicated team of tools developers, your role is to equip your users with the solutions they need to transform an idea into a fun and playable game. You enjoy working iteratively and consider user feedback invaluable. Through this collaborative loop, you guarantee that the tools you deliver are efficient and intuitive.
What you'll do
You work closely with artists and designers, which gives you a deep understanding of the real needs behind their requests. Your problem-solving skills and your ingenuity allow you to find the most appropriate solutions. You frequently make suggestions to improve systems and you maintain clear documentation.
You routinely collaborate with your fellow programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs that arise. You both share your innovations with and learn from your peers in the tools community at the studio.
What you bring
- At least 3 years of experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C# and WPF
- Good notions of the python programming language
- Good analytical and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team + good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that push you to go talk to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.