Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website or our WeChat account (UBISOFT育碧or 育碧招聘), or contact us for application by: [email protected]
Seeking a new opportunity?
Ubisoft Chengdu Studio is currently looking for a fulltime Technical Artist willing to challenge their creativity on Ubisoft’s biggest franchises.
As our ideal candidate, will determine, prepare and adapt the graphic tools. Whenever possible, you will take part in selecting the 3d production applications and establish the work methods. You will also train the artists on methods and tools and supervise the integration of art assets in the game engine. Since you will be collaborating with different departments and studios, good social skills and excellent English communication with everyone involved in the creation process is a must.
The main and routine tasks of the Technical Artist are:
- Be familiar with the graphics design documents and concepts, to be able to determine the graphics technical needs for the projects;
- Test the engine, request enhancements, verify all engine-related documents and modify or draft new documents whenever necessary;
- Develop or determine tools (e.g. 3DS Max, etc.) and methods to enhance and facilitate work of the graphics team;
- Test tools before they are deployed and ensure that they function properly throughout the production process;
- Create, organize and lead training sessions for graphics team members about how to properly use the tools and methods;
- Draft documents on tools, methods, training sessions, processes and engine constraints for future reference;
- Provide constant technical support for tools and the engine to all the team members;
- Proactively foresee technological issues and needs before they occur;
- Proactively research new software, pipelines, and processes to help the team work faster and reach a higher quality.
- Supervise the graphics design, integration and validation of graphic data in the engine
- At least College or Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 5 years’ experience in graphic design (including at least 2 years as a Technical Artist or any other relevant experience).
- Extensive knowledge of current gen 2D& 3D computer graphics software, game engines and platforms; video game production working units and metrics.
- Knowledge of data safety options (e.g. Perforce, Alienbrain, Git, Mercurial; etc.);
- Knowledge of at least one high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, etc.)
- Strong logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Client focused, Well-Organized, Team Worker
- Good communication skills in both Chinese and English (spoken and written);
- Strong documentation writing skills and the ability to clearly convey complex technical ideas in concise and clear ways.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the game industry (including at least 2 years as a Technical Artist or any other relevant experience).
- Basic understanding of computer science principles
- Experience with Agile Software Development principles
- Experience using information and task management software (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. 3DsMax) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine).
- Experience with a programming language such as C++
- Knowledge of game profiling techniques and software.