Senior Animation Programmer
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
As an Expert Programmer (Animation), your role is to:
- Advise the Lead Programmer and drive the decision-making regarding the choice, optimization and organization of existing and new innovative systems (related to animations)
- Contribute to improve the market competitiveness of the game
- Help implement features related to animation that fit within performance budgets (CPU/Memory/Streaming, etc)
- Set out best practices and share your programming expertise with other teams
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop interfaces with game systems (AI, character control, etc.)
- Develop tools for use by gameplay programmers and animators
- Develop procedural animation tools and technologies
- Write technical design and software design documentation
- Collaborate with game productions to create next generation animation system
- Perfect animation compression algorithms to reduce memory footprint without affecting visual quality.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Math or Computer Science, Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of programming experience with emphasis on character animation
- Strong math background
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Strong 3D maths and computer graphics skills
- Experience in IK/FK systems
- Familiarity with building large and dynamically extensible applications
- Experience with multi-threaded engine programming on consoles (XBOX360, PS3)
- Experience building efficient code (CPU/SPU cost, memory usage, code size)
- Adapts to changing requirements
- Understands the overall development cycle of a game engine
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a schedule
- Ability to work with a team spread across different Ubisoft studios
- Open to work in different Ubisoft studios
- Familiarity with 3ds Max / Motion Builder
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.